THE FUTURE IS ELECTRIC – JUST PLUG-AND-GO!
Innovation is at the heart of our speedy and smooth RS eCAT16 that starts at the flick of a lever. It has been designed so that from 2020 onwards, all our petrol-powered Catamarans can be easily RETRO-FITTED with an electric engine! What’s more, the new compact folding console and seats are perfect for ease of transport and storage.
RS eCAT16 ADVANTAGES
- 4-metre turning radius (13 feet)
- Hydrodynamic hulls: low wash
- NEW formula robust hulls
- 10-year limited warranty on hulls
- Low maintenance
- 100% recyclable
EZ-Outboard Electric Motor
- 10HP EZ-Outboard electric motor
- High-power high-efficiency brushless gearless DC drive motor
- Smartphone app electric-engine management
- Maximum speeds up to 25km/h
- Low maintenance
- Net weight: 35 kg
- Warranty: 2 years
LIFOS® Smart Battery System
- Lithium-phosphate-powered technology by LIFOS ®
- Powerful: 48V/68 Ah
- Smartphone app battery-management
- Long battery life: 2750+ charge cycles
- Economical: 40% lower cost per cycle
- Lightweight IP62 encased battery pack: 65 kg
- Warranty: 5 years
- Victron Skylla-TG 48/25 48-volt
- Warranty: 5 years
We offer the ultimate solution for your coaching, umpiring and rescue needs. When you buy a Rowing Solutions RS CAT16 or RS eCAT16 Catamaran, you can be confident we have integrated long-term performance as a reality.
Over 1200 of our Rowing Solutions coaching catamarans have been used to much acclaim in the rowing and canoeing worlds, proving their pedigree. They are solidly engineered with the most rigorous tried and tested methods. Our earliest models dating back to 1994 are still in active use today because they are built for posterity – that’s why we are the No. 1 Choice!
Weight & Capacity
- Weight of catamaran: 200Kg
- Baggage & carry-on weights: 155Kg
- Max load as on builder’s plate: 450Kg
- Weight fully laden: 660Kg
- Max engine weight: 55Kg
- Portable fuel tank: 12L
- Maximum number of persons: 4
Length & Dimensions
- Length of hull: 472cm
- Beam – maximum: 195cm
- Maximum draft: 35cm
- Beam hull centres: 165cm
- Beam of individual hull: 40cm
- Aluminium deck: 150 x 250cm
Recommended Outboard Engines
- 9.9 HP (approximate speed of 28 kph)
- 15 HP; Maximum 20 HP (approximate speed of 32 kph)
- Long shaft
- Preferably EFI (Electric Fuel-Injected)
- Power/Kilowatts maximum: 14kW
Manoeuvrability and user-friendliness are key features of our Rowing Solutions RS CAT16 and eCAT16 Catamarans. They have a compact turning radius of 4 metres (13 feet) allowing the driver to move effortlessly forwards and in reverse. The RS CAT16 starts at the flick of a lever, it is easy to drive and simple to maintain. Link to video 4-metre Turning Radius.
The Rowing Solutions RS CAT16 can outpace an Olympic 8 and the RS eCAT16 will keep pace with an Olympic 8 – yet they have low-wash, so the coach can comfortably approach the crew whilst the water remains calm.
All our components are British made. We are the only launch manufacturer to offer a 10-year limited warranty on the hulls, which are created of roto-moulded polyethylene laminates. See the strength of our hulls in our Video.
The buoyancy of the hulls provides excellent stability for coaching crews, umpiring at events, and rescuing from the water.
Our Coaching Catamarans sold since 1994 are exceptionally durable. They are still in active use today because we have designed them for longevity to withstand years of wear-and-tear.
From 2020 onwards, all petrol-powered Rowing Solutions RS eCAT16 catamarans can be easily retro-fitted with an electric engine. Contact us for details. What better way to protect the planet!
Rowing Solutions catamarans are used by National Teams and over 1200 universities, schools, rowing clubs and canoe clubs around the world – testament to their quality, reliability and endurance. Check out our Around the World to view some of the events we have visited.
We can customise the construction of the RS CAT16 to suit your requirements. For example, every year since 2015, we have built an RS CAT16 TV Catamaran in order for Henley Royal Regatta to televise races.
Contact us to discuss whether or not your requirements are feasible.
Windscreens and seats are fitted as standard equipment.
We supply as optional extras: a rescue ladder that folds in and out of the catamaran; a Bimini Top that is very useful to shield against sun and rain; and solar-powered LED lights, useful for night use.
We have also designed and developed optional Bow Bumpers for coaching catamarans that are likely to be subjected to repeated bumps and scrapes, to cushion the bows from blows.
We offer a top-quality catamaran trailer ideal for towing and launching into the water. It is made by SBS and has the following specifications:
- Lifetime warranty
- Rectangular galvanised steel box-section
- Aluminium bunks with PVC pads
- Sealed for life AL-KO bearings
- Winch and Winch-post
- Jockey wheel
- UK-Standard lighting board
- Adjustable and detachable quick-release number plate holder
- Carrying capacity: 750 kg
- Dimensions : L 5m x W 1.8m